You are a great communicator online as well as face-to-face, and you are intellectually quick and curious. You enjoy interacting with the public and building communities to share and promote great ideas. You have a strong understanding of traditional PR and Marketing – its weaknesses as well as its benefits – and even greater understanding and passion for the power of social media to transform business communication. Appconomy has a current opening for a Social Communications Manager adept at blogging, tweeting, linking and joining in online conversations. Many times you will be Appconomy’s face and voice online and at social community events.
- Serve as the social media voice of the company, and as the Appconomy social media marketing communications champion
- Use online conversational tools proficiently so you can tell our story as well as serve as our online ears and eyes in the social community
- Drive social marketing campaigns for key products and initiatives
- Use social media to identify and analyze issues, patterns and trends in the mobile marketplace, and bring online conversations about Appconomy in house so we can respond proactively
- Keep current and educate team members on social and mobile tools, practices, and trends
- Participate actively in professional networking and events, interacting with peers and influencers
- 3+ years social media marketing, marketing communications, and/or community management experience
- Passion for technology and the intersections between technology, people, and business
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and an online portfolio demonstrating wit, smarts, and an engaging writing style
- Proven ability to figure out a thoughtful and engaging online response in 5 minutes, rather than pushing out a press release next week
- Demonstrated track record of net-savvy addiction to social media and all things web 2.0
- Strong understanding of basic business fundamentals in a product environment
- Strong desire to help people, solve problems, share knowledge and create community
- Strong thought leadership skills and natural curiosity and creativity
- BS or BA
You’ll be joining a team where employees are treated like the valuable resources that they are. We offer a competitive suite of benefits including employee health and life insurance fully paid by the company, 20 days paid time off plus regular holidays, your choice of Macbook Pro or iMac, plus an iPad, and open minds ready for your input.
Join us and launch your creative spirit. To get the conversation started, please send us an email with your resume to email@example.com.
GREAT group of folks to work with.