Gordon Montgomery BA MSc | email@example.com | mobile: (+1) 512 299 3637
I help my clients to be brilliant. When you authentically live the life you love, the loves of your life show up, you see the actions to take and you’re satisfied with your results.People are the next technology ™
- 1999: A member and speaker within the Usability Professionals Association and member of the British HCI Group.
- 2000: Nominated to speak at the ASIS annual conference in 2000
- 2004: Key instigator of the 2004 accessibility initiative ErgoBoston – helping Seniors with the Internet
- 2005: Monitor and de-brief facilitator for the Knowbility Accessibility University conference
- 2005: PR/Media Chair for the Knowbility AIR-Austin event
- Annual guest lecturer for the Master course in Usability at the University of Texas School of Information
- 2006: Speaker on the Design and Social Responsibility panel during SXSW conference 2006
- 2006: Web editor for the Information Architecture Summit
- 2006: Guest editor for the second edition of Steve Krug’s book on usability: Don’t Make Me Think
- 2007: Sponsor of Austin’s first ever Penguin Day – opensource software for non-proft organizations
- 2009: Expert Internet Marketer; delivered the Master Course in Internet Marketing for the University of San Francisco, online
- 2009: Board member with Knowbility’s award-winning Access Works accessibility program
- 2010: Guest judge for the Destination Imagination Extreme event where students learn creative problem solving
- 2010: Recipient of a SxSW Interactive, Dewey Winburne Community Service Award
- 2010: Sponsor of Steve Guengerich‘s new book launch event at the Austin Museum Of Art
- 2010-11: Judge for the Digital MBA program at St Edwards University, Austin, Texas
- 2011: Panel member, The Future of Mobile at Innotech Dallas & Austin
- Coaching, Management Consulting, Strategic Client Partnership, Thought Leadership
- Social Media, UX, Usability, Information Architecture, Accessibility, Focus Groups, Surveys, Statistical Analysis, Heuristic Reviews, Usability Laboratory design and construction
- Knowledge of current web and mobile application technologies
- French fluency. Knowledge of German, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Greek.
- I provide radical results coaching guidance in the combined areas of Business Leadership, Process Strategy, Technology Innovation and Cultural Expansion.
- I partner with Carolina Aramburo Radical Results Coaching
- Providing practical consulting advice to inspire tangible transformation and enable desired business outcomes within organizations mediated by advanced social business experience strategies, digital and mobile application technologies.
- Agency-wide role to coach clients as they plan and organize their future business growth via thought leadership in areas such as social media, seo, paid search, user experience design, and interactive marketing.
- Creating, evangelizing and selling the User Experience (ux) and technology message for strategic business innovation to key client accounts, within the Enterprise Solutions Group, nationally.
- Co-founder of the national User Experience (UX) practice, strategic oversight for national UX sales & operations. Member of the corporate leadership team, managing change across the organization.
- Full project lifecycle services for International Web strategy, Information Architecture, Usability research and design.
- Projects spanned all purchase channels: web, catalog & store.
- Designed, built and supplied input into several usability lab facilities.
- Devised simpler, faster and more effective usability methodologies, tools and reporting.
- Received an outstanding contribution award for my work on the International web site platform.
- Key clients: Staples.ca, Staples.co.uk, Staples.de, Quill.com, MAP.com, Smilemakers.com, Stapleslink.com.
May 2001 – Aug 2002 : Consultant, GMETA; London & Northern Ireland.
- Involved at all levels of this marketing communications start-up.
- Responsible for all internal and client usability and technology development.
- Key figure in Client Coaching & presentation, Project Documentation, Marketing and Branding services.
- Provided strategic web planning services to xtology’s sister online order fulfillment company.
Feb 2000 – Mar 2001 : Senior Information Architect, Fusive; Florida & Boston, MA.
- Determined site blueprint and user experience by translating business objectives into functional and usable requirements.
- Responsibilities included: Analyzing user scenarios and personas, researching competitive analysis, defining site interaction, architecting navigation schemas, usability testing and heuristic reviews, ensuring accessibility and documenting best practices.
- Deliverables included: wire-frames, sitemaps, content hierarchies and content matrices, usability reports as well as client presentation and strategic thought leadership.
- Key client contact for IA and e-commerce strategy issues.
- Evangelized, coached negotiated and helped build the corporate IA function.
- Interviewed, mentored and managed IA team staff.
- Provided input at all levels within the company to help expand the core business.
- Advocated Section 508 universal accessibility design – to give access to information for all possible users.
- Attained “employee of the month” for my management and leadership of The State of Florida Portal project.
- Consulted with The State of Florida, Texaco, Lehman Bros, TISI, Interland, Invesco, TSW, Overnite, Home Shopping Network, Southern Company, MoneySuite, AICPA.
- Private client work : strategy, usability testing and Visual Basic [VB] development.
- Performed lead information design and usability role for new Sales Force Quotation Tool.
- Developed portions of the Quotation Tool using VB 6.0.
- Coordinated fully customized MS Outlook Contacts Management System project.
Support and Development, Mobil Oil; London, UK.
- Developed a user-centric call-logging database in Access.
- Excel VBA spreadsheet automation.
- Windows and Network: support, administration and development.R&D Support, Proctor and Gamble; Brussels, Belgium.
- Developed a user-centric inventory database in Access.
- Windows and Network: support, administration and development.Support, Mobil Oil; London, UK.
- Windows and Network: support, administration and development.Support Team Leader, Arthur Andersen; London, UK.
- Managed Support team and acted as issue escalation point.
- Involvement in the implementation of user-centric time management and billing system.
- Instrumental in ensuring the smooth post-merger orientation of new staff.
- Windows and Network: support, administration and development.
- Developed the first, VB-based, investments portfolio daily fund-pricing application from conception to completion.
- In-house usability testing.
- Windows and Network: support, administration and development.
- Project maintenance using MS Project.
- Facilitated European launch into Finland, Germany & France.
- Edited Corporate Management newsletter.
- The Landmark Forum is specifically designed to bring about positive and permanent shifts in the quality of your life. These shifts are the direct cause for a new and unique kind of freedom and power—the freedom to be absolutely at ease no matter what the circumstance, the power to be in action effectively in those areas that are important to you. Graduates report major positive results in the following areas:
- The quality of their relationships.
- The confidence with which they conduct their lives.
- The level of their personal productivity.
- The experience of the difference they make.
- The degree to which they enjoy their lives.
- The course comprised 10 modules focusing particularly on sales and marketing, financial management, legal and statutory issues, technology and general business practices.
- Courses included object-oriented software development methodology (UML), project management, hands-on programming and database development.
- I graduated in first place in Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
- My thesis was part of the Personas project for the Swedish Institute of Computer Science.
- I developed a proof-of-concept e-mail client application. This incorporated intelligent software agents based on a central user profile server. An email attachment could be automatically re-saved before sending, such that all recipients received the attachment in their desired format.
- Designed and built a Task Management database system as a project for Marconi and prototyped a tourist information kiosk for Edinburgh Waverly train station.
- I was the student spokesman for Faculty liaison.
- Courses included psycho- and sociolinguistics, semantics, pragmatics, syntax, phonetics, phonology, morphology; French literature, society and politics.
- This comprised an academic year at the University of Strasbourg, France and a year of Computer Science.
- I was president of the French Society which entailed Faculty-level interaction.
- 1987 – Advanced level subjects: French, German, Mathematics.
- 1985 – Ordinary level subjects: 10.
- School prefect, food committee liaison officer.
- Ultra-distance endurance trail running, Reading, Writing, Travel, Judo, Cycling, Rugby and “Technology as a tool for social advancement”, Veganism.
- Board member for information design, with trail running club hctr.net,
- Volunteer organiser with Tsunami Volunteer in Khao Lak, Thailand.
- Volunteer organiser with ONE.org, the global campaign to Make Poverty History.
- Volunteer organiser with Katrina Support (Austin), post-hurricane relief services.
- Volunteer with the City of Austin Community Emergency Response Team, FEMA-trained for community disaster management.
Tim Marshall, Partner and CTO, Neudesic.com
Steve Guengerich, VP and co-founder, Appconomy
Professor David Benyon, Head of Napier University’s HCI group
Associate Professor Randolph Bias, University of Texas, School of Information
Sharron Rush, Executive Director , Knowbility.org
Yvonne Tocquigny, Owner , Tocquigny.com
Hans Keil, Director of E-Business, PerkinElmer.com
Colin Hynes, Director of Usability, Staples.com
Grant Sellars, Chief Web Officer, MyFlorida.com
Margie Schneider, Vice President, tengoldenrules.com