Get a Futurist!Surf 21st century waves.
What is foresight?
- Foresight is the umbrella term for those innovative strategic planning, policy formulation and solution design methods that don’t predict or forecast the future, but work with alternative futures. Foresight has been defined as “a systematic, participatory, future-intelligence- gathering and medium-to-long-term vision-building process aimed at enabling present-day decisions and mobilizing joint action.”
- Foresight spots the useful signals in the useless noise.
- Foresight researches, shapes, influences and guides the most preferred futures.
- Foresight empowers decision makers and policy planners to use new ways of thinking about, talking about, and implementing strategic plans that are compatible with the unfolding future.
For example, in your very near-future:
Nearly 50% of companies expect that automation will lead to some reduction in their full-time workforce by 2022, based on the job profiles of their employee base today. However, 38% of businesses surveyed expect to extend their workforce to new productivity-enhancing roles, and more than a quarter expect automation to lead to the creation of new roles in their enterprise. ~ WEF 2018-22 Jobs Report.
As a leader, is your organization #ready for the waves of disruption and opportunity from the exponential evolutions of the 21st century? #wave21
“We Futurists do not make predictions. We shape and influence your prefered future.
As futurists, we listen and look deeply into the future. So then we can guide your organization to execute practically designed solutions in alignment with your true soul mission.”
We provide research & guidance for visionary leaders to help you get ready now for:
- simultaneously emerging,
- exponentially growing,
- rapidly accelerating,
- socially impactful,
- continuously developing,
- new technologies
- within a unified, human future of work.
EXAMPLE: If you’re in the services and retail industries then automation‘s impact should already be patently clear, through the recent timeline of brand-name bankruptcies.
The RITE™ way:
All of our work leads rapidly and naturally to practical consulting engagements. We call our solutions approach to near-futurism: the RITE™ way.
- Research – the “why, who, how and what” patterns of the vision for where you are and where need to be
- Innovation – in order to surf the #wave21 we identify essential new mindsets and approaches
- Technology – to deliver on new visions requires implementation, engagement and adoption of new actions and new systems
- Experience – Everything we do is captured inside of the concentric circles of RITE, the core being what it is actually like for humans to interact and thrive in their future experience
How does futurism help?
Futurism is variously known as futures studies and futurology. It’s about what’s next. The work involves the painstaking study of many possible future timelines. The results are typically of most use to organisational leaders who are tasked with guiding their organisations to the next best steps. With near-futurism we are less about prediction and more about what practical solutions can be implemented next. Three factors usually distinguish futurism from work conducted by other, more common disciplines.
- TRENDS: First, futures studies often examines trends to compose possible, probable, and preferable futures along with the role “wild cards” can play on future scenarios.
- SYSTEMS: Second, futures studies typically attempts to gain a holistic or systemic view based on insights from a range of different disciplines, generally focusing on the “steep” categories of Social, Technological, Economic, Environmental and Political.
- ASSUMPTIONS: Third, futures studies challenges and unpacks the assumptions behind dominant and contending views of the future. The future thus is not empty but fraught with hidden assumptions. For example, many people expect the collapse of the Earth’s ecosystem in the near future, while others believe the current ecosystem will survive indefinitely. A foresight approach would seek to analyze and highlight the assumptions underpinning such views.
Sourced in part from: Wikipedia/Futures_studies
Within Exovation we use a simple set of what we call cognitive performance services to consult with your organisation to make sure you’re thinking about and doing the right (RITE) work to be #ready for the future waves of 21st century transformation. #wave21
We typically rapidly deliver in the form of:
- broad-ranging inspirational talks
- narrowly focused industry assessments
- tailored strategic and tactical reports
- industry-specific approach framework
- interactive solutions-oriented workshops
- guidance for your macro-future milestones roadmaps
- step-by-step micro-future recipes playbooks
MORE? If it feels like you’d like to know more about the future, then please get in touch for a initial match-making and insightful conversation at no cost via firstname.lastname@example.org or Text/Whatsapp: +1 512 299 3637
Additional futurism research:
Some deeper background that you may find useful:
- Future Today Institute report
- Future Thinkers Podcast adaptations
- Human-centered capitalism solutions
- Microsoft – AI Business Basics
- World Economic Forum – The Future of Jobs Report
- New Yorker – Are robots coming for your job?
- Get Foresight at the University of Houston
Whilst we enjoy working in a modern Lean or Agile manner, we are always happy to start with a 1-3 day Discovery Session to deliver a report, building a solid foundation for Culture, Leadership, Strategy and Innovation.
CONTACT: email@example.com or Text/Whatsapp: +1 561 692 6111
Listen to the PODCAST now!
/end of page