First, what will the trends be for the next four years?
1. Mobile will get bigger screens, more capabilities, and many more users will have more than 100 apps (today only the weirdos like me do, the industry even has a name for us, they call us ?heavy app users?).
2. Home entertainment systems will increasingly go completely Internet connected and many people will unplug their cable systems.
3. All media will be streamed, very few users will have downloadable files anymore.
4. There will be ?apps of apps.? In other words, there will be apps that join many apps together. Already that?s happening. When I take photos with Instagram I can send those photos over to Foodspotting, Trey Ratcliffe?s photo app, amongst others. Om Malik wrote about that trend yesterday.
5. Social networking will be far more nuanced than it is today. I saw one…
View original post 199 more words